Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thunderbird Bugzilla Lab

Due to the nature of my project, I don't actually come in contact with debugging a lot. So this lab has become my first real attempt at debugging Mozilla, and it wasn't as scary or difficult as I thought it'd be. Thanks to this lab, I've had a nice experience in coding and filing patches.

The bug report I made on Bugzilla has been posted here: Bug Report and on my Wiki page

The patch to the email problem is posted here: Bugzilla and Wiki

The process for fixing the bug was pretty much the same as any programming debug.
1) Find the source of the bug - MXR or the "Hint"
2) Trial and Error to fix the code
3) Test

And now, the problem has been fixed, and I'm done with this lab =)

1 comment:

Tony Lai said...

*clicks the ignore button*
j/k =P

Thanks for reviewing my patch, Patrick. =P