Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Interesting Note from Profiling Build

So after having made changes to rules.mk from the config folder I've managed to get times spent in each of the directory while building. To do so, I've basically replaced all the $(MAKE) in rules.mk with time $(MAKE) with a few exceptions.

At first, I found it interesting that I managed to extract 1909 times from the log when there are only 1752 folders (in my build anyways). Upon closer looks, I realized that some of the times are actually a sum of the previous times.

Before I found this, I thought it was gonna be easy writing a program to just add all these times up. Now, I got to do a little bit more thinking before I can add them up properly.

*brings out the good old calculator*

1 comment:

Tony Lai said...

And I thought I could of wrote a simple program to do it too!
But now there' sgonna be a bit more of a delay... if I'm gonna have to analyze what are totals and what aren't :P