Thursday, April 23, 2009

Old and New Post

Forgot to link the blog about 0.9 release.

http://www.c3dl.org/index.php/c3dl-dev/collision-detection-09-release/


And here, I've made a simple game of pong in C3DL. Play Here.



On to updates.

As I was making a demo using collision detection, I've found some bugs that I didn't encounter before. I was a little surprise at first, since I thought I've tested it pretty thoroughly and tried many different things with it. I guess I was wrong. For example, I clearly thought I had consider the scaling factor in the model when I get their bounding sphere, but that was missed out. So now I've got that fixed.

However, onto an even more serious problem. I ran into a situation where my collision detection is failing when two objects are obviously colliding. Again, this happens when both objects have been scaled. As I review my code, I found that I had include in the scaling factor as I was testing for both bounding sphere and triangle-triangle intersection test. Hence, I'm a little stuck right now. And with so little time left till the big 1.0 release, I'm definitely starting to panic.

No comments: