Wednesday, December 3, 2008

OSD Lab Reviews

Just like the previous labs, our last lab of the course did not turn out to be as difficult as I thought it might be. With the detailed instructions given, the lab was completed pretty smoothly. The main trouble I had was still the overall structure of where everything goes. Unfortunately, my previous and current project did not have much to do with plugin/extension, and hence the lack of knowledge and understanding of the tree structure was present. Other than that, everything was pretty much as easy as 1-2-3.

Afterwards, I've decided to look back at all the previous labs to make sure I didn't miss any of them. There was the:
• Ubiquity
• Mozilla Build Lab
• Patches Lab
• Thunderbird Bug posted on Bugzilla with Thunderbird Fix
• Mozilla Tab Patch Lab
• Mozilla Extension Lab
• XPCOM Component Lab
• Chrome Lab

As can be seen, the class has really gone a long way. Started with being introduced to add-ons, to building FireFox, to making and submitting patches. The only thing that I think could have been better was for the labs to be assigned earlier in the course instead of near the end. Because for people who were actually working with FireFox projects, I'm pretty sure they've been doing those things already. But for people like me, who worked on projects outside of FireFox, it truly was an interesting experience.

No comments: